From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-07 23:36:32

Jeff Garland wrote:

> I assume the idea was to make the text more readable, which
> is a noble goal.

The idea was indeed to make body text more readable.

> The observation that followed links aren't different is a
> big deal to me, though. It's a usability problem that somehow I failed to
> notice and I consider a big problem for new users...

Yes, I'll have to address that. As it's common for people to rely on the
visited color changes.

>>>Also, on my
>>>machine mouse cursor briefly changes to hourglass when moving on the link.
>>>It looks like it was flickering.
>>
>>That could be solved by preloading the image with javascript. I
>>noticed there's no js on the page and assume that was by design, but
>>maybe an exception could be made in this case, since there'd be no
>>added penalty for people without js. They'd just be subject to the
>>same hourglass/flickering they've got already.
>
> In the past we've been avoiding the use of Javascript.

This "flicker" is only a problem on IE. There's only so much time I will
spend on working around bugs on IE. Just like we don't spend much time
in supporting old C++ compilers.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything