From: christopher diggins (cdiggins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-08 19:31:51

----- Original Message -----
From: "christopher diggins" <cdiggins_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Monday, August 08, 2005 6:48 PM
Subject: [boost] Improved boost::any

>I have developed a type very similar to boost::any which requires less
> memory and significantly reduces the number of allocations /
> deallocations.
> If anyone is interested I have posted a brief article about it at
> CodeProject http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/dynamic_typing.asp and I
> have uploaded the source to the vault (
> http://boost-sandbox.sourceforge.net/vault/index.php ). Is there any
> interest?

Sorry to respond to my own post, but the pretentious subject line has me
embarassed. It is by no means an "improved" boost::any. It is a performance
enhanced version, but as a colleague pointed out it is not exception safe.
So in fact it is a worse version :-( but perhaps the performance
enhancements may pique some people's interest.

Christopher Diggins
http://www.cdiggins.com