From: Beth Jacobson (bethj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-10 17:57:56

Ben Artin wrote:

> I mind the disappearing underlines because they make links on the two parts of
> the page act *completely* opposite from each other.

That was actually what I liked about them. I thought it made a nice
inverse correspondence. Still, they serve no real purpose and are
non-standard, so if some people are finding them confusing or even just
annoying, that's probably sufficient reason to take them out. I won't
change the test page because they don't really interfere with people's
ability to evaluate the rest of the changes, but at this point I'm
thinking they probably don't belong in the final version.