From: Jody Hagins (jody-boost-011304_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-15 12:54:47

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 00:15:54 +1000 (EST)
Christopher Kohlhoff <chris_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Wow! Given the encouraging response both on and off list, I guess I'd
> like to kick things off in turning asio into a serious proposal for
> Boost. I'll post a message in a day or two outlining some of the areas
> where I believe it needs refinement and where it could benefit from
> others' expertise.

I know you want a header only library, but others have voiced the need
to not pollute the namespace with all the stuff from various network
library header files and such. This almost requires a library
implemented behind the interface.

Along that line, compiles are very slow, probably due to the all-header
implementation.

I looked at asio a while ago, and remember having some other issues, but
do not really recall them at this moment.