From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-18 15:30:15

"Robert Ramey" <ramey_at_[hidden]> writes:

> utf8_codecvt_facet is there. This is used by serialization and by program
> options but we couldn't convince anyone that it should be "promoted" to
> public status

You proposed it for possible review and nobody was interested?

> in spite of its demonstrated utility, correctness and documentation.

Wow. I don't know enough about facets (or, to be sure, Unicode) to be
much of an authority, but it sounds important to me. I think it
should get a review.

> This was the only "neutral" place for it. Prior to that it was
> duplicated in each library which was also deemed unacceptable.
>
> Vladimir and I are forming a line to get our "dope-slaps"

Sorry to dissapoint, but what you did is perfectly fine.
utf8_codecvt_facet doesn't "belong" to either of those libraries.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting