From: Richard Hadsell (hadsell_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-19 09:58:10

It is obvious that the Boost library collection is quite large and
growing, and it probably will never decrease. It takes a long time to
build the libraries that require building and to copy the headers from
one place to another. It would be really nice for me (and for others, I
suspect) to be able to request just the subset of libraries that I use.
I would like the developers to think of a mechanism to break up the
collection into subsets.

Of course, there could be one subset that is common to all, and there
could be other subsets that are common to a group of libraries. It
would make sense to keep the number of subsets small by placing
libraries with similar functionality or dependencies into a single
subset. If you want to get fancy, you could include a library in
multiple subsets.

Whatever makes sense should be fine with most users. I just ask you to
consider the desirability of restructuring the distributions.

--
Dick Hadsell			914-259-6320  Fax: 914-259-6499
Reply-to:			hadsell_at_[hidden]