From: Luke Elliott (luke_elliott_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-22 17:33:59

Hi

I was wondering why boost libraries don't do something like:

class positional_options_description {
     public:
         BOOST_PROGRAM_OPTIONS_DECL positional_options_description();
         BOOST_PROGRAM_OPTIONS_DECL void add(const char* name, int
max_count);
};

instead of:

class BOOST_PROGRAM_OPTIONS_DECL positional_options_description {
     public:
max_count);
};

in order to remove the irritating C4275 warning? i.e. only declspec
public, protected members (and any private members invoked from inline
methods).

 From searching the archives it looks like the usual suggestion is to
disable the warning, I just wondered if the above had been considered
(and if rejected, why)? Is it because this behaviour doesn't work with
win32 builds of GCC if using the declspec functionality (instead of the
export-all)?

Thanks for any insight.

Luke Elliott.