From: Jonathan Wakely (cow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-24 04:18:57

Matt Hurd wrote:

> >On 24/08/05, Jonathan Wakely <cow_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > > Matt Hurd wrote:
> > > Further to this the last few lines of the bjam.log are below. gcc
> > > seems to get in a pickle with this and I end up with a cc1plus process
> > > running for 981 minutes and counting ;-)
> >
> > GCC 3.4, right?
> > There are a couple of tests that cause GCC 3.4 to hang indefinitely.
>
> Close enough 3.3.5 from memory. Time to upgrade from the default
> distribution installation I guess.

I don't (often) test with 3.3 but I think I've seen that doing the same
on those problem tests. I haven't figured out what goes wrong, but it's
OK with GCC 4.x so upgrading would work.

I run the tests with a limit of 5 mins so any compile or test that takes
longer than that gets killed - without a limit testing GCC 3.4 never
completed.

jon

--
"It is always the best policy to tell the truth, unless, of course, you
 are an exceptionally good liar."