From: Martin Slater (mslater_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-24 05:21:56

I just ported all our code using Boost.Serialization over to 1.33 today
and came across similar problems so I thought I'd add some comments as
additional data points. In all cases the problems were trivial to fix
(making Save() member functions const for example) and only came across
a single case of serialising a local variable in our code, the fix there
was also relatively trivial, so all in all this didn't cause us much
grief at all. The bigger problem I have is with the added included
dependancy order (archives must be included before any other
serialisation files) which caused a big rearrangment of our headers and
was a pain to deal with. Luckily for us these were all internal headers
but it just reminds me of the problems with header dependancy that
boost\serialisation\shared_ptr.hpp had and that have been happily
resolved in this release. This is a much bigger issue for me and
something that really should be readdressed.

cheers

Martin