From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-26 08:08:08

"Robert Ramey" <ramey_at_[hidden]> writes:

> When the test system introduced automatic memory leak detection, I
> noticed for the first time that lots of the demos and tests had
> memory leaks. It doesn't affect the validity of the demos and tests
> but it does look a little sloppy. I'm reluctant to fix this as I'm
> concerned about complicating the demos and diminishing their
> tutorial value and about complicating the tests.

IMO that's unacceptable for Boost. A naive user who follows a Boost
example like a recipe could introduce errors into his organization's
codebase. Who do you think the deveopment team manager will blame
when he finds out the error was present in our example? Do you think
they'll continue to have confidence in the quality of the Boost
libraries they're using? I don't.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting