From: Felipe Magno de Almeida (felipe.m.almeida_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-29 00:44:54

On 8/26/05, Ion Gaztañaga <igaztanaga_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi to all,

Hello,

[snip]

> I'm also concerned with (in my opinion) needed compatibility with
> Embedded C++. C++ will grow a lot in this area and obviously, threads
> are very used. Embedded C++ specification
> (http://www.caravan.net/ec2plus/) avoids templates and exceptions, so we
> need to think some alternatives (apart from exceptions, just like
> iostreams do) to do error checking. And provide some low-resource
> specializations or alternatives to the full-scale C++ threading.

I dont that the embedded C++ should be a concern. It is just a too
small subset of C++, that I think would avoid better solutions for
"backward"(since I think EC++ is a step back) compatibility. I even
agree with Bjarne Stroustrup FAQ about EC++:
http://www.research.att.com/~bs/bs_faq.html#EC++

> Regards,

good work.

> Ion
>
> P.D.: I plan to continue Shmem development although, I will have less
> time to work on it because of this threading work. I plan to upload a
> new snapshot soon.

I hadnt time to see Shmem yet, but I'm trying to find some time to
take a look at it. It really seems interesting and is certainly very
useful.

best regards,

--
   Felipe Magno de Almeida
Developer from synergy and Computer Science student from State