From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-29 16:32:04

Certain issues that cropped up with the 1.33.0 release that necessitate
a 1.33.1 release. 1.33.1 will be for safe bug fixes to 1.33.0 only,
focusing on critical issues such as the already-addressed shared_ptr
problem. There are two major issues we need to resolve before we can
roll a release candidate of 1.33.1:

   - Include order dependencies in the Serialization library
   - GCC 4.0 type_info problems

This is also a good opportunity to work in support for three compilers
that are performing reasonably well now and should be supported by
Boost:

        - Tru64 CXX
        - Apple GCC 4.0 on Tiger
        - Intel 9.0 on Linux

We'll prepare the release candidate from the RC_1_33_0 branch,
hopefully within a week or so, depending on the resolution of these
issues. The release candidates will be available for much longer before
the final release, up to a month or so, to root out any remaining
issues.

No new libraries or features may be added to the RC_1_33_0 branch; they
should go onto the main branch, and we'll merge fixes from RC_1_33_0
back once we've released.

        Doug