From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-30 08:16:57

> Certain issues that cropped up with the 1.33.0 release that necessitate
> a 1.33.1 release. 1.33.1 will be for safe bug fixes to 1.33.0 only,
> focusing on critical issues such as the already-addressed shared_ptr
> problem. There are two major issues we need to resolve before we can
> roll a release candidate of 1.33.1:
>
> - Include order dependencies in the Serialization library
> - GCC 4.0 type_info problems

Those should be targets for the final 1.33.1 release, but I'm not sure if we
really need them for the *first* Beta release.

I'd like to add a few more issues to be resolved for the final 1.33.1 as
well:

Config: support for EVC++
(http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2005/07/90101.php), I've applied this
to the main HEAD branch apparently without ill effect, so I think it's safe
for the release branch also. Ulrich first raised this months ago, so I feel
we owe him this one!

Regex: I'd like to try and fix lookbehind assertions
(http://lists.boost.org/boost-users/2005/07/12655.php), it means adding at
least one new API in order to fix this though, so it's borderline new
feature.

Threads: deadlocks in readwrite_mutex
(http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2005/08/92307.php), assuming there
isn't a mistake in the test case then we could really use someone to look
into this as a priority, a threading lib that deadlocks is not too good an
advert!

Threads: memory leak, this need documenting and explaining if it isn't
already, and if we can't get rid of it (I suspect we can't).

MPL: the has_xxx boilerplate is failing with vacpp
(http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/CVS-HEAD/developer/output/FFT-vacppv6-bin-boost-libs-mpl-test-no_has_xxx-test-vacpp-debug.html)
which causes all the regex tests to fail with that compiler. I'm pretty
sure this *did* work at one point, and the error messages seem rather
strange, so any ideas on this one would be welcome.

Whew,

That's all for now,

John.