From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-30 00:23:12

Have you considered this any more? I understand the issue but I'm not
convinced that your fix is the best one. This would permit code for
serializaton of the same type to reside in different DLLS with out the
guarentee that all the code is the same. Also, I'm not conviced that our
system of purging global map entries when a DLL containing serialization for
a type is unloaded wouldn't create problems. That is I'm not sure that
purging all the entries for a given type will be the right thing to do.

I'm thinking that the best would be to detect the case when a duplicate
extended_type_info record is added to the corresponding global map and throw
an exception. I see no other way at this point to guarentee that the system
will always work.

Robert Ramey