From: Vladimir Pozdyayev (pvv_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-30 02:01:33

Hello David,

DA>> And you think this is a bug in Boost code? Can you post a
DA>> reproducible test case?

DA>> I bet you didn't use Boost.Build to create your extension module, as
DA>> recommended in the Boost.Python documentation. You probably are
DA>> linking with multiple copies of the runtime.

VP> Now that you've mentioned that, I went and stuffed the above code
VP> right into \libs\python\example\getting_started1.cpp, then bjammed it.
VP> Got the same assertion failure in Python session. Does this count?

On the second thought, I replaced boost_python.dll built with IDE
projects with boost_python.dll built by bjam, and the assertion
disappeared. Oh well.

Then I put boost_python_debug.dll built with IDE into the app dir
(renaming to boost_python.dll, of course), and tried again. No
assertion.

Putting back release version of the dll brought the failure back.

So, the assertion only appears when using release version built using
\libs\python\build\VisualStudio\boost_python.dsw

I don't claim that it is Boost code that has an error---but surely
there _is_ a bug somewhere in there? Maybe MSVC projects, maybe MSVC
itself :) .

--
Best regards,
 Vladimir                            mailto:pvv_at_[hidden]