From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-31 09:22:30

This appeared on comp.lang.c++.moderated a few days ago.

attached mail follows:

We need to process a very large amount of delimited variable length
ASCII data in files as large as 3-4 gigs. We need a high performance
parser for this and as always, we have no money to buy one. We are ok
with building one as long as that can be done quick enough and I was
wondering if Boost has a panacea for us. Can anyone help with their
ideas / experience.

I am also very open to any suggestions outside Boost. Any outline on
how to build such a parser would be very welcome. If some comparative
performance figures can be mentioned, it would be of tremendous help.
Any fast C++ library would be of help.

We develop a market analytics tool on HP-UX and Linux on 32/64 bits.

Cheers,
Andy

Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting