From: Alex Besogonov (cyberax_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-01 10:17:00

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> I think it was already decided to use Subversion.
> Well, I realize that these days everybody writes code while on plane ;-),
> but it's still better to switch to the most mature CVS replacement, rather
> than start arguing if git, one of 3 (or is that 4) variants of arch, or
> monotone, or darcs or whatever else is best solution for on-plane
> development.
There is svk (http://svk.elixus.org/) - it's a distributed version
control system built on top of Subversion.

It can be used to mirror [parts of] remote repository and to create
"offline branches" for personal expirements. Svk also supports advanced
star-merge algorithm for merge-tracking and usually works much faster
than svn.

And the best part: svk is a pure client-side application and it requires
no modifications to SVN server.

--
With respect,
	Alex Besogonov(cyberax_at_[hidden])