From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-02 10:01:50

Roland Schwarz wrote:
> Rene Rivera schrieb:
>
>>Somehow, i.e. someone, all the information files and user info files got
>>deleted. I'll post an SF request about it... all I can really do. NOTE:
>>The uploaded files themselves are still there, it's just the admin data
>>that is missing.
>
> Any new information available about the Vault?

I got this from SF support:

===
Greetings,

There is no permissions issue, that is simply a documented
problem of the permissions that must be set on files for the
webserver to write them. We highly recommend you consider
moving to MySQL for the storage of your writable content,
as that is less likely to be destroyed by an extraneous file
removal by another user.

Per:
https://www.sf.net/docs/E07

Projects are expected to maintain their own backups. You
should restore the content from your most recent backup, we
have no reasonably easy way to restore your content.

Thank you,

David Burley
Senior Second Level Support Technician, SourceForge.net
burley_at_[hidden]
===

I have been trying to figure out a way to fix the permissions issues
that SF has since they are unwilling to fix their own configuration. But
I have been unable to find a solution as SF has not provided any of the
Apache modules, or anything else, that are normally available, as in by
any other web service installation. I spent a few hours yesterday on this.

So if anyone has any ideas on how to get the equivalent of suexec
execution, without the help of the web server, it would be appreciated.
And yes I already tried straight sticky permissions.

> BTW.: How can you tell the uploaded files asre still there?

Well when I said the above the files where there. But I looked again and
it seems the files are also gone :-( This is very annoying to say the least.

Since we lost those files it seems we might as well consider solving the
SF problems by installing a vault someplace else. Any volunteers? Does
anyone have an Apache server with a small amount of space and a fair
amount of bandwidth? I can't put it on my server as I just don't have
the bandwidth available. I'm going to check the Boost Consulting server
since we server the Boost mirror from that.

> Is there another access available?

I was looking at the files directly on the shell machine.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything