From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-02 10:34:28

Rene Rivera schrieb:

>I got this from SF support:
>
>===
>Greetings,
>
>There is no permissions issue, that is simply a documented
>problem of the permissions that must be set on files for the
>webserver to write them. We highly recommend you consider
>moving to MySQL for the storage of your writable content,
>as that is less likely to be destroyed by an extraneous file
>removal by another user.

Does this mean that the files could have been deleted by a bad user?
This really hurts!
Hopefully all posters still have backups.
sti
<snip>

>I can't put it on my server as I just don't have
>the bandwidth available. I'm going to check the Boost Consulting server
>since we server the Boost mirror from that.

Do you have enough bandwith to schedule a regular backup to your machine?

What else comes to mind is using a peer to peer file sharing program.
Do you have any experience with this?
We would need a client of course that is available on all platforms.

Regards,
Roland