From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-03 04:06:16

Hi!

>>Just someone is needed to pick it up.
>

> Is it no longer getting supported by Ion?

  I've already uploaded to the new Boost Vault the old version (I've put
it in Memory folder). Because of holidays, KDE translations, and
thread_ex work, I had no time to improve it, but right now I'm working
in a new version, concentrating in simplifying the library, adding sgi
slist container, some optimizations, and some new features. I wanted to
experiment with SGI ropes, but I've seen this is a lot of work.

Of course, the process-shared mutexes, conditions, locks, etc... in this
library (I also have a process-shared message-queue) should go in a
library with inter-thread synchronization stuff, with the same interface
as new boost.threads (or better said, C++ 0x interface). Shmem is big
and splitting this part first would make easier to review Shmem.

As seen in C++ committee papers, threads are alive, and I hope that
there will be a thread/mutex interface proposal soon (I'm big supporter
of Kevlin Kenney's interface with improved lockers). Now that I see
Shmem is not updated for 3 months, I think it's time to a new version!

Regards,

Ion