From: Christopher Kohlhoff (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-04 05:55:05

Hi Roland,

--- Roland Schwarz <roland.schwarz_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I was just about trying out asio on Windows.
>
> I compiled as described, and tried to run the checks as:
>
> nmake -f Makefile.msc check

What version of windows are you running? Which version of MSVC? It
works ok for me using MSVC 7.1 on Windows XP SP2.

tests\unit\ipv4_host_resolver_test.cpp(88):test_if_hosts_equivalent(h1,
> h3)
> FAIL:

tests\unit\ipv4_host_resolver_test.cpp(106):test_if_hosts_equivalent(h1,
> h7)
> INFO: ipv4_host_resolver_test ended with exit code 1
>
> Is there anything I am missing? Or is this a known issue?

It may be something I changed in adding the async host resolution. Also
the test_if_hosts_equivalent function got rewritten and so it's
possible I introduced a test bug.

Would you be able to spare some time to debug what's going on in the
test_if_hosts_equivalent function to see if it's anything obvious?
Thanks.

Cheers,
Chris