From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-04 06:15:50

Christopher Kohlhoff schrieb:

>What version of windows are you running?

W2K

> Which version of MSVC?

MSVC 7.1

>Would you be able to spare some time to debug what's going on in the
>test_if_hosts_equivalent function to see if it's anything obvious?

Yes in principle. But I am just putting my first crack on it.
I am trying to get started by means of the tutorials, but I am
not sure if this currently is the best approach. I am following the
path the tutorial is outlining as close as possible.

E.g. Adding
    asio::timer t(d, asio::time::now() + 5);
Results in
 .... asio_tutorial\main.cpp(7) : error C2039: 'timer' : is not a member
of 'asio'

So I am trying to find in the headers whetehr the class name has changed
or what.

BTW.: Wouldn't it be possible to autolink the ws2_32.lib ?
If you know whats missing you can resolve this easily, but ....

Regards,
Roland