From: Christopher Kohlhoff (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-04 07:17:48

Hi Roland,

--- Roland Schwarz <roland.schwarz_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I am trying to get started by means of the tutorials, but I am
> not sure if this currently is the best approach. I am following the
> path the tutorial is outlining as close as possible.
>
> E.g. Adding
> asio::timer t(d, asio::time::now() + 5);
> Results in
> .... asio_tutorial\main.cpp(7) : error C2039: 'timer' : is not a
> member
> of 'asio'
>
> So I am trying to find in the headers whetehr the class name has
> changed
> or what.

It looks like you are following the tutorial from asio 0.3.2 (or
earlier) but trying to compile against 0.3.3. There were changes to the
timer stuff in 0.3.3 such that it is now called deadline_timer and uses
the Boost.Date_Time classes. The line you added should now look like:

  asio::deadline_timer t(d, boost::posix_time::seconds(5));

> BTW.: Wouldn't it be possible to autolink the ws2_32.lib ?
> If you know whats missing you can resolve this easily, but ....

Sounds like a good idea. I'll include a change to autolink it in 0.3.4.

Cheers,
Chris