From: Scott Schurr (scott_schurr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-06 11:44:20

Greetings,

Thanks for all the comments and ideas:

Dave Gomboc suggests:

  nybbles<0011,1010,1100,0100>::value

David Abrahams and Jeff Flinn noted that 'nibbles' is the
common spelling they have seen. And, personally, I've always
seen a 4-bit entity written as nibble. So possible syntaxes
for the template based solution, in the order they have been
suggested, might be:

  binary_int<0011,1010,1100,0100>::value
  bits<0011,1010,1100,0100>::value
  nybbles<0011,1010,1100,0100>::value
  nibbles<0011,1010,1100,0100>::value

On a different note, Matt Calabrese lofted a
preprocessor-based library:

  BOOST_BINARY_LITERAL( 101 0111 1010 0110 )

This looks way cool. I personally like the way the '::value'
is not required.

So, how does the boost community decide which of the proposals
(template-based or preprocessor-based) to pursue?

Thanks for your consideration.

Scott Schurr