From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-07 07:30:30

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 14:15:55 +0200, Peter Schmitteckert (boost) wrote
> Salut,
>
> On Wednesday 07 September 2005 14:07, Johannes Brunen wrote:
> > are all hacked.
>
> well, It is not exactly 'hacked',.
> Just something from an custblock.intercage.com IP
> is adding unsolicited entries.
> Since IP and time is logged in the recent changes section,
> there could be a possibility for action.
>
> However, I'm not sure what to do.

I'll take care of it. I have backups of the entire site. I've banned the IP
and will also be banning the particular link content so they can't spam
anymore. I didn't check, but I suspect the machine is a zombie since there
are actually multiple ips involved in the attack. Some of the Wiki spammers
have many machines to use b/c Wiki's have had IP banning for ages.

Jeff