From: Anthony Williams (anthony_w.geo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-07 11:31:31

Alexander Terekhov <terekhov_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Anthony Williams wrote:
> [...]
>> Despite tendering a version that handles non-void returns, I am not sure how
>> to do it right (destruction order for statics makes it hard), so I have left
>> that out for now.
>
> Why not simply make once_flag POD and provide call_once_reset()? Plus
> convenient (derived) non-POD class for dynamic context?

That's easy: because I didn't think of it.

I can understand what you're getting at with the derived class for dynamic
contexts, such as class members, but how are you envisioning the
call_once_reset function working? Would it take a specific once_flag as a
parameter, and reset it, as if it has never been called? When would this be
used, and how would it help with static destruction?

Anthony

--
Anthony Williams
Software Developer