From: Thore Karlsen (sid_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-13 09:20:59

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 18:46:08 +0500, Alex Besogonov <cyberax_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> >> On the Boost.Build list we were just discussing the fact that some
> >> people otherwise inclined towards Boost have chosen Scons over
> >> Boost.Build. It would be useful for us to understand some of the
> >> reasons why, if some of you wouldn't mind letting us know. No flames,
> >> please!

>Well, SCons supports distributed building and binary repositories -
>that's a MAJOR selling point. And Python is much nicer than jamfiles.
>
>PS: there's also mxx_ru (http://eao197.narod.ru/mxx_ru/) it's a build
>system based on Ruby - it has some interesting features worth attention.
>Unfortunately, its documentation is only in Russian, but this should not
>be a problem for Vladimir Prus :)

Another Python-based build system I like a lot is A-A-P
(http://www.a-a-p.org). I haven't played much with SCons, but judging
from the SCons documentation, A-A-P is a lot more powerful. I've found
A-A-P to be indispensable for my builds, as well as other things like
web page publishing.

--
Be seeing you.