From: Alex Besogonov (cyberax_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-13 08:46:08

David Abrahams wrote:

>> On the Boost.Build list we were just discussing the fact that some
>> people otherwise inclined towards Boost have chosen Scons over
>> Boost.Build. It would be useful for us to understand some of the
>> reasons why, if some of you wouldn't mind letting us know. No flames,
>> please!

Well, SCons supports distributed building and binary repositories -
that's a MAJOR selling point. And Python is much nicer than jamfiles.

PS: there's also mxx_ru (http://eao197.narod.ru/mxx_ru/) it's a build
system based on Ruby - it has some interesting features worth attention.
Unfortunately, its documentation is only in Russian, but this should not
be a problem for Vladimir Prus :)

--
With respect,
	Alex Besogonov(cyberax_at_[hidden])