From: Jason Hise (chaos_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-13 10:39:04

John Maddock wrote:

>The mutex is unique to both the calling process and the call_once flag, but
>not the function pointer (however there should always be a one to one
>correspondence between the once-flag and the function pointer).

I should probably elaborate on my problem a little bit more. I wanted
to create a function that makes a given call atomic, but doesn't enforce
that the function be called only once. I thought I could do so by using
a once_flag allocated on the stack immediately before invoking
call_once, so the flag would always be reinitialized to BOOST_ONCE_INIT
and call_once could just offer me it's atomic guarantees, but apparently
that won't work. I guess I'll just have to find some place to put my
own mutex where it can be constructed safely.

-Jason