From: Kevin Wheatley (hxpro_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-14 04:14:57

Kon Lovett wrote:
> Maybe use the
>
> long /* free blocks avail to non-superuser */
>
> field rather than the
>
> long f_bfree; /* free blocks in fs */

f_bavail; is not a documented feature of IRIX's statfs but actually
thinking about it it would be better to use statvfs() which does
(http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/basedefs/sys/statvfs.h.html)

However do all OS's have a concept of two different answers to how
much free space there is, and what would an application developer want
to know, if I'm writing a 'df' style application then I might want
both. I guess the available space for the user is more interesting..
but then you get into quota's etc.

Kevin

--
| Kevin Wheatley, Cinesite (Europe) Ltd | Nobody thinks this      |
| Senior Technology                     | My employer for certain |