From: Peder Holt (peder.holt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-14 14:42:11

On 9/13/05, Chris Weed <chrisweed_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 9/12/05, Peder Holt <peder.holt_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > On 9/11/05, Chris Weed <chrisweed_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I was trying to test the trigonometric functions and add an exp
> > > function in the metamath library. I am not sure how to call them.
> >
> > I have modified the sine_impl implementation in CVS, so now you can use:
> > typedef sine_double<number> type;
> > double result=type();
> >
> > In metamath/double/sine.hpp
> > I added:
> > template<typename Angle>
> > struct sine_double :
> > detail::times_double_double<Angle,typename
> > detail::sine_series<Angle,mpl::int_<0>,mpl::int_<13> >::type >
> > {
> > };
> >

> > > Also line 58 of string_to_double.hpp needs to be changed to the
> > > following to compile in gcc:
> > >
> > > typedef typename pow_impl<unsigned_exponent>::template apply<T>::type
> > > positive_pow;
> >
> > Great! changes applied to cvs.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Peder
> >

> Hi,
> I have attached updated versions of sine.hpp, limits.hpp, times.hpp, I
> changed to get a sine example to compile in g++.
> Additionally, I have created a file for exp (exp.hpp).

Great!
I have added the exponential function to cvs (named it exponent for
now, but should probably be renamed to exponential)

I got a mismatch when comparing exp(pi) with the runtime equivalent:
Compile time: 23.140692466808215
Runtime: 23.140692632779267
This might be because I included too few iterations (18) but needs investigation

> It might be better to have the integer version of exp just calculate
> something like pow(e,Arg) where e is a constant.
Done.

> Also, I am not sure how to test the *_impl<> versions of these functions.

Added
boost/metamath/sine.hpp
boost/metamath/exponent.hpp and
boost/metamath/power.hpp
that opens up for using the *_impl<> versions.

Regards,
Peder