From: Anthony Williams (anthony_w.geo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-16 02:57:45

Sean Parent <sparent_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> From: "Mike Schuster" <schuster_at_[hidden]>

>> I just downloaded it and took a look.
>>
>> Bugs 1) and 2) still exist.
>>
>> Bug 3): read_write_mutex had a major rewrite, and looking at the new
>> code, bug 3) appears to have been discovered and addressed.
>> However, the
>> code is quite a bit more complicated (1700 lines versus 1100 lines). I
>> will do some testing and more investigation in the next few days.
>>
>> (By the way, my implementation of a "most useful subset" (in my
>> opinion)
>> of read_write_mutex is 100 lines. Boost may have gone overboard
>> here at
>> the price of performance.)

What O/S is being used? I'm guessing MacOS from the descriptions, but I'd like
to be sure. If so, we don't currently have anyone working on the MacOS-specific
implementation --- as I understand it, the newer versions of MacOS/X use
pthreads. If you need a MacOS-specific port, it would be useful if someone
would volunteer to write/maintain the code for that port.

Anthony

--
Anthony Williams
Software Developer