From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-19 01:39:19

Adam Badura wrote:

> I looked on a few GUI C++ libraries, but none of them satisfied me.
> Most
> commonly of this reasons:
> 1) weak support if at all for exceptions (wxWidgets for example)
> 2) using own classes instead of standard (most common for string)
> (wxWidgets and MFC for example)

Well, given that std::basic_string's support for Unicode is lacking, I would
consider using custom string class an advantage of those libraries. Hey,
you can't even convert std::string to std::wstring, and you can't construct
std::wstring from char*. Can you convert std::wstring to any of Unicode's
normalization forms? How portable is reading of std::wstring from a file
with specific 8-bit encoding?

- Volodya