From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-20 05:02:06

>boost/throw_exception.hpp includes <exception> when
>the macro BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS is defined. Isn't it
>likely that an exception-disabled platform won't
>provide <exception> either? Is there any
>rationale/compiler survey for this?

The trouble is what else can it do?

Any Boost code that calls this function will be passing as an argument an
exception object derived from std::exception, the idea is that if exceptions
are disabled then the user supplied version of this function will just print
the exception's message, and abort. It certainly works OK on MSVC and on
with gcc, but I have no knowledge of embedded platforms without any
exception handling at all and what they might do.

John.