From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-20 05:08:04

I think the regressions for thread and wave libs in the 1.33.1 branch can be
removed quite easily if the Jamfiles for these tests stopped using
<runtime-link>static.

Anyone know if there was/is any rationale for this? The problem is that
some platforms either don't have a static-runtime option, or it may be
"optional". For example these tests all fail on my Mandriva Linux box
because there are no static runtimes supplied. Other Linux versions may
supply them, but as can be seen from the regression test results they
sometimes cause more trouble that they are worth.

BTW, just because the Boost libs are linked statically this does not imply
that the runtime must be statically linked (just in case that was causing
any confusion).

Thanks,

John.