From: Kevin Wheatley (hxpro_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-22 03:38:40

Dave Harris wrote:
> As I said in my previous post, I find the current behaviour quite useful.
> I sometimes use assert as a convenient way of saying, "issue a warning
> message, but only in debug builds."

[snip]

> used BOOST_ASSERT the same way I use MFC ASSERT. If you're confident
> no-one has, fine - but I don't see anything in the documentation which
> says my use is wrong.

That would be me... I use the assert handler functionality to throw an
exception during unit testing because the Test library can't deal with
assert() very well, but throwing is OK and can be handled and reported
far nicer.

> The documentation does say, "The macro is intended to be used in Boost
> libraries", which I suppose means we don't need to worry about breaking
> end-user code.

FWIW, If it did break my code I'd just retain an old version and use
that if I couldn't deal with the new behaviour another way.

Kevin

--
| Kevin Wheatley, Cinesite (Europe) Ltd | Nobody thinks this      |
| Senior Technology                     | My employer for certain |