From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-23 03:02:09

Simon Buchan wrote:

[ snip 34 quoted lines, of which only 2 are important]

>> Note that the author of the blog post explicitly mentions this FAQ item.
>> Did you read the post at all?

> Actually, he mentions a sentence inside the FAQ, and seems to ignore the
> rest of it. Did you notice that the FAQ Item was explicitly about
> working with Qt? And that the library is carefully designed to not be
> clobbered by the Qt preprocceser? (signals is only used for the
> namespace name, and slot(s) is never used, only slot_type).
> Simply put '#define BOOST_SIGNALS_NAMESPACE whatever' before '#include
> <boost/signal.hpp>' and everything works nicely.

I would not call this "nicely", that's more "klugely". What if I happen to
write a library which used boost::signals in headers? Do you suggest me to
use

  class My {
  public:
        boost::BOOST_SIGNALS_NAMESPACE::signal<.....> on_whatever;
  };

? Do you mean that the current situation is optimal, and any attempts on
improving it are just wasting time?

- Volodya