From: Simon Buchan (simon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-23 03:40:00

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Simon Buchan wrote:
>
> [ snip 34 quoted lines, of which only 2 are important]
>

>>>Note that the author of the blog post explicitly mentions this FAQ item.
>>>Did you read the post at all?
>

>>Actually, he mentions a sentence inside the FAQ, and seems to ignore the
>>rest of it. Did you notice that the FAQ Item was explicitly about
>>working with Qt? And that the library is carefully designed to not be
>>clobbered by the Qt preprocceser? (signals is only used for the
>>namespace name, and slot(s) is never used, only slot_type).
>>Simply put '#define BOOST_SIGNALS_NAMESPACE whatever' before '#include
>><boost/signal.hpp>' and everything works nicely.
>

> I would not call this "nicely", that's more "klugely". What if I happen to
> write a library which used boost::signals in headers? Do you suggest me to
> use
>
> class My {
> public:
> boost::BOOST_SIGNALS_NAMESPACE::signal<.....> on_whatever;
> };
>
> ? Do you mean that the current situation is optimal, and any attempts on
> improving it are just wasting time?
>
> - Volodya

Are you serious? You're writing a library! You think someone might use
it with Qt! Yes, dumbass, you SHOULD do that! Take a look at some of the
boost headers (esp. functional, lambda, bind) and THEN bitch about how
hard it is to write a library.
If it hurts your poor fingers (or eyes), put this somewhere useful (ie.
detail namespace):
namespace whatever = ::boost::BOOST_SIGNALS_NAMESPACE;