From: Peder Holt (peder.holt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-24 13:50:36

What should we do about the accuracy of double_ operations?

The implementation of plus,minus,times and divide mimics the behaviour
of the runtime equivalent, double. This means that the mantissa is
trunkated from 61 to 52 bit for every fundamental operation. The
result of this, is that complex functions such as sine and exponential
will differ from their runtime counterpart, unless a specialization is
made for double_. The problem would disappear if we allow calculations
with double_ to be more accurate than calculations with double. Is
this a problem?

Regards
Peder