From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-27 15:57:34

Hi,

> We really need a section at the top of the page titled "What is Boost?"
> that covers something like the following:

(Sorry I know that the main page has been redesigned recently.)

Have you considered that the index page may be too busy.

For example see :

http://www.microchip.com/

There is a huge amount of information available but only headings are used on
the index page. Using their approach I would guess that a link titled "About"
would be suitable for those who want to know what boost is.
IOW nothing much on the main page ...just links.

"Welcome to Boost"

main page | Maybe down the tree
About -->
                What is boost ?->
                People->
Site Map ->
Libraries->
                 Download->
                  Documentaion->

Boost Newsgroups ->
Contact ->

As a user all I usually want from an index is to get to the particular
information I need as quickly as possible by clicking on the appropriate
link.( For instance how would I quickly find Supported Compilers via the current
page)?

regards
Andy little