From: Angus Leeming (angus.leeming_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-28 16:42:45

John Maddock wrote:
>> The cure to my immediate problem is to have the actual error that my
>> user is experiencing added to the list of known errors. My intuition
>> tells me to expect ERROR_INVALID_DRIVE but I know we shouldn't write
>> code based on intuition :) I'll post back the actual error as and when
>> my bug reporter gets back to me with the results from a modified
>> version of the code. (I got it to throw_exception instead of return
>> true.)

Looks like my intuition was wrong:

Exception caught:
boost::filesystem::exists:
"J:\MinSYS\home\Angus\lyx\devel\build-tex2lyx\LyX-1.4\Resources\locale":
Access is denied.
Assertion triggered in void boost::throw_exception(const std::exception&)
by failing check "false" in file ../../../src/tex2lyx/boost.C:28

I guess that's the message associated with ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED, no? Having
said that, I can't see the harm in testing for ERROR_INVALID_DRIVE too.

This was on a machine running Win98SE. The machine has no J drive.

Now I can imagine some people saying, hold on. Access denied doesn't mean
that the file doesn't exist. However, I'd say that *as far as my program
is concerned* that's exactly what it means...

Hmmm. Sometimes the actual error is the worst possible news, no :(

Any chance of this change going into the sources?
Angus