From: Calum Grant (calum_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-28 16:50:51

> [mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of Andreas Pokorny
> On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 09:24:24PM +0100, Calum Grant
> <calum_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > Is there any interest in providing relational containers in Boost?
> > Are there any features/improvements you can suggest for RML?
>
> You could compare the library with sqlite.

Completely different. Most database engines are controlled via text
strings, and require parsing and data transformation. This cuts all
that out using C++ templates, and is therefore way faster. It's a
container.

> Furthermore you could implement a table that can be stored in
> a file, and used wihout reading all records into memory.

I think the memory-mapped file route would be the most profitable, it
would probably already work.

Calum