From: Felipe Magno de Almeida (felipe.m.almeida_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-29 15:15:01

On 9/29/05, Joel Eidsath <jeidsath_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Some reason that we don't just copy Java for a standad C++ GUI? Or is
> there anyone who thinks they can improve on Swing?

I dont know if they can improve. But I think _we_ can improve its
design a lot with the power that C++ has that Java lacks. And, IMO,
there are other concerns about GUI that Sun overlooked, like the GUI
feel on various platforms. IMO, for Java applications to have the same
feel running in different OS is something acceptable, since Java *is*
a platform, but it isnt acceptable as requirement in C++.

--
   Felipe Magno de Almeida
Developer from synergy and Computer Science student from State