From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-29 18:26:42

"Pavel Vozenilek" <pavel_vozenilek_at_[hidden]> wrote

> If anything you may join existing "modern C++"
> GUI library like John Torjo's win32gui,

 Is win32gui ever seriously going to target anything other than Windows?

> SmartWindows++,

SmartWindows looks like it follows the Windows API slavishly

> perhaps VCF or Ultima++.

Ultima++ has little or no documentation unfortunately VCF certainly looks quite
interesting and I hope to look further at it, though they seem from an initial
glance to be duplicating a lot of functionality eg streams, strings and their
own date-time library. Nevertheless it looks like it is seriously trying to be
cross-platform and so it looks the most promising one to me. OTOH I also find
the workings of the Java GUI libraries interesting.

regards
Andy Little