From: Pavel Vozenilek (pavel_vozenilek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-29 19:33:48

"Andy Little" wrote:

>> If anything you may join existing "modern C++"
>> GUI library like John Torjo's win32gui,
>
> Is win32gui ever seriously going to target anything other than Windows?

AFAIK yes. John started preparations for GTK support though
he "would welcome other's help".

>> SmartWindows++,
>
> SmartWindows looks like it follows the Windows API slavishly

Yes. My personal opinion is that win32gui is more abstract.

> Ultima++ has little or no documentation

Well, it is work of two guys who also created their own STL,
full featured IDE, scripting language and other things.
I am amazed how much they did

> unfortunately VCF certainly looks quite
> interesting and I hope to look further at it, though they seem from an
> initial
> glance to be duplicating a lot of functionality eg streams, strings and
> their
> own date-time library.

Having own string class looks as mandatory for GUI lib writers ;-)

I guess you see NIH syndrom and attempt to completely control
code base. Quite typical for projects with few people.

/Pavel