From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-05 08:46:11

Kevin Wheatley wrote:

> I have another widget, its purpose is to display my streaming HD video
> ... it had better be exactly XxY pixels else I won't be able to
> control the scaling correctly. Size in this case is controlled by
> content which is measured in pixels.

I don't understand your point. Where does scaling come into play,
and why does it require pixel information ? Doesn't the fact that
you want to control 'correct scaling' hint at your input having an
intrinsic ('physical') size ?

I think the point here is that both, the source, as well as the
target device, are not vector-oriented but operate with rasters.
But that doesn't mean that there is only a direct mapping from
pixel to pixel. While this may be useful information to
a) speed up the display ('bitblit') and
b) provide superior display quality (since no anti-aliasing is required)

I'd hope this can be figured out by the implementation.

Regards,
                Stefan