From: Kevin Wheatley (hxpro_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-06 03:31:43

Stefan Seefeld wrote:
> I don't understand your point. Where does scaling come into play,
> and why does it require pixel information ? Doesn't the fact that

[snip]

> b) provide superior display quality (since no anti-aliasing is required)

This was my point exactly :-) The amount of damage done to carefully
crafted content by bad filtering is quite remarkable, plus artists
want to know exactly what they are seeing in order to make such
judgements, they want the raw pictures as much as possible without
something (beyond their control) translating for them where its not
needed.

Kevin "Where's the 1:1 button on this thing?"

--
| Kevin Wheatley, Cinesite (Europe) Ltd | Nobody thinks this      |
| Senior Technology                     | My employer for certain |