From: Calum Grant (calum_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-05 16:57:34

> Some reference info on the topics discussed here and in the
> RML thread that might be useful: 2001 USENIX paper: PSTL -
> The Persistent Standard Template Library for C++
> http://www.infosys.tuwien.ac.at/Staff/tom/Publications/Gschwin
> d2001-pstl.pdf
> http://www.infosys.tuwien.ac.at/NewsCache/pstl.html
> This papers covers the issues and has simple app benchmarks that
compare to the widely used Berkeley DB (alse >
> note Berkeley DB provides the underlying b-tree for MySQL) Reflection
support by means of template >
> metaprogramming http://www.di.unipi.it/~attardi/Paper/GCSE01.pdf
> Which has a good discussion on interfacing to a relational table using
meta programming

Those are very helpful links. While benchmarks obviously only
approximate real-world performance, I would be very interested in
comparing the various approaches using a standard task. By providing a
solution to a small "real world" problem, it enables you (the Boost
developers) to compare both the performance and how a library looks like
to use in practice, and is much more preferable to hypothesising. And
we can also compare to the "STL" solution to see whether relational
templates/queries really do make an application easier to develop.

Regards, Calum