From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-06 09:35:54

Kevin Wheatley wrote:
> plus artists
> want to know exactly what they are seeing in order to make such
> judgements, they want the raw pictures as much as possible without
> something (beyond their control) translating for them where its not
> needed.

It is this attitude that leads to websites labeled "optimized for
FooBrowser at bar resolution".

I'm quite against using pixel coordinates in general. However, I agree
that one should be able to integrate external sources that for whatever
reasons impose constraints on scaling or do not offer scaling at all.
However, this should in no way encourage people to use bitmap images.
Otherwise, we'd be on our way back to what we have now.

Regards,

PS: I'd love to be able to shrink uninteresting content or a whole
window just by using the mouse wheel.