From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-10 01:22:48

troy d. straszheim wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 09, 2005 at 02:36:54PM -0700, Robert Ramey wrote:
>
>>a) the VC 7.1 errors are most likely due the fact that bjam cannot be
>>counted upon to detect dependent changes. I had the same problem on my own
>>VC 7.1 system and had to explicitly rebuild the library to get the error to
>>go away.

Grr, Robert please stop saying that. It is reliable, as long as the
dependencies are regular '#include <>' and '#include ""'. So if you
think it's not handling those cases please point out where so we can fix
it. If you think it should handle other cases please also point those
out so we can add support for them.

>>b) demo_load_xml is surely due to the fact that it is run before
>>demo_save_xml - this will disappear as well.
>
> I was going to ask about this when I thought I'd isolated the problem.
> I'm working in the tests and have recently noticed that these two tests,
>
> [ test-bsl-run_files test_class_info_save ]
> [ test-bsl-run_files test_class_info_load ]
>
> sometimes don't appear to obey these,
>
> DEPENDS test_class_info_load_text_archive.run : test_class_info_save_text_archive.run ;
>
> It seems that there is different behaviour on different machines.

No. As was pointed out before that DEPENDS has no effect as you need the
real target names, which those aren't.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything